The Departmental Discipline Board (DDB)/ Proctorial Board (PB) or its Sub-committee (PBS), as may be decided by the competent authority/ the Enquiry Committee constituted for the purpose will probe into the acts of indiscipline of student(s) and depending upon the nature & seriousness of the act(s) of indiscipline, recommend one or more of the following Punishments:
- Monetary fine
- Deduction in marks/ Reduction in letter grade(s) of the General Proficiency.
- Collective or group fine, imposed when it is not possible to fix the responsibility on individual members of the group for any act of indiscipline. Any student or group of students indulging in any act of indiscipline including stealing or damaging the property or equipment(s) and causing loss to the assets of the college/ campus residents/ fellow students shall be financially responsible and pay the assessed charges for losses, damages, cleaning, repairs or replacements along with fine imposed, if any.
- Reprimand on Record(RR), wherein an official warning to the student(s) not to repeat any act of indiscipline in future is given with or without punishments described under 3(b)(i) and / or 3(b)(ii). In addition, Bonds as specified under 3(b) will have to be executed which will remain operative for the entire remaining period of the stay of the student in the college.
- Conduct Probation (CP), wherein an official warning to the student(s) not to repeat again any act of indiscipline in future is given with or without punishments described under 3(b)(i) and/or 3(b)(ii). However, this warning will also contain that any further act of indiscipline might lead to withholding character certificate and/or debarring from facility of campus placement and/or rustication of the student(s) involved for minimum of a semester/trimester to up to four semesters/ six trimesters (two years) from the college. In addition, Bonds as specified hereunder will have to be executed which will remain operative for the entire remaining period of the stay of the student in the college. Bonds of good behavior and satisfactory academic performance of the student by the student as well as his/her parent/legal guardian, with such condition(s) as may be imposed by the university authorities, be obtained in punishments under 3(b)(iv) & 3(b)(v). The Character Certificate to student kept on Conduct Probation will be issued only after the recommendation of the Departmental Discipline Board/Proctorial Board and Dean, Students’ Welfare. A student on ‘Conduct Probation’ may be refused readmission/ registration, if his/her CPI is less than the minimum CPI required to move into next year of study.
- Rustication for one semester/trimester to up to four semesters/ six trimesters, (two years). Student(s) so rusticated, if hosteller(s), shall be required to vacate the hostel immediately. The rusticated student may be readmitted on bond(s) with such conditions as may be imposed of good behavior and satisfactory academic performance after the period of rustication to be able to complete the degree requirements of the programme in which he/she was registered prior to rustication. Nevertheless, he/she will remain on ‘Conduct Probation’ throughout his/her remaining period of studies at the College. If a student has been awarded punishment of rustication in his/her final semester/trimester of studies, the Vice-chancellor, however, on receipt of an unconditional apology, security deposit of rupees one lac, and fine as imposed, may keep it under abeyance so as to enable him/her to complete the degree requirements on compassionate grounds. Students who have been given the benefit of abeyant rustication will only be allowed to participate in the academic activity (i.e., attending classes and writing examinations only). If a placed student has been awarded punishment of rustication in his/ her final semester/ trimester of studies, his/ her employer may also be informed of his/her act(s) of indiscipline and punishment awarded. The Character Certificate to rusticated student(s) will be issued only after the acceptance of the recommendation of the Departmental Discipline Board/ Proctorial Board and Dean, Students’ Welfare by the Vice Chancellor. Rusticated student(s) shall also be debarred from admission to the college in any further degree programme/employment in the college